Who am I?¶
Greetings, I am Lilian Besson, (former) student at “ENS de Cachan”, a French University specialized in training researcher and professors for superior studies, located near Paris.
Since mid-July 2014, I live and work in India, on the campus of the new Mahindra École Centrale (a new Engineering College born from a partnership between the (Indian) Mahindra group and (French) École Centrale de Paris). I am involved as an assistant professor, in charge of mathematics tutorials, and partly in charge of the Computer Science CS101 course for the second semester! I will stay in India until the end of the second semester (~ end of June 2015).
Studies before 2014¶
- In 2013/2014, I prepared the (French) agregation of Mathematics exam (national competitive exam for “Prep Schools” teacher recruitment, with a major in Maths and a minor in Computer Science). I have been ranked 23rd, for 275 available positions, for 795 candidates allowed to pass the oral exam (second step) in June and July 2014, and almost 1200 persons registered in October 2013. I also did the second year of my Master of Science in Fondamental Mathematics (major) and Computer Science (minor), with a speciality on teaching.
- In 2012/2013, I did the first year of the MPRI (Master of Science specialized in theoretical research in Computer Science, in Paris) and also the first year of the Master of Science in fondamental mathematics of ÉNS Cachan, again both magna cum laude.
- From 2011/2012, I studied at ÉNS Cachan, and in July 2012, I completed two Bachelor of Science, one in Mathematics and one in Computer Science, both magna cum laude.
- During two years, 2009/2010 and 2010/2011, I studied in Marseille, at Lycée Thiers, first in MPSI 2 and after in MP*1.
- Before that, I lived in Briançon (Hautes-Alpes, France), and I got my scientific baccalauréat, with a major in maths and a minor in theater, in 2009.
A few words about me:
A few words about this site:
I am working on this little website (currently, http://perso.crans.org/besson/) when I have the time, hoping it can be useful to someone. All the content of the website is (C) Lilian BESSON, and it is open source with the GPLv3 License. What means Open Source, explained with LEGO?. This site’s Google Analytics data suggest that some pages are indeed visited on a daily basis, so if you are here for something in particular, I hope you will not be disapointed (you can use this bug tracker to report any bug, or even to ask me anything).
Those web pages are still in construction! In particular, the English versions of each pages are not yet available. But, I’m working on it!
Feel free to contact me by the solution you prefer.
Some projects on-line¶
Some of my profile pages on some great website:
MSc internship : “Towards modularity for planning and robot programs verification“¶
I did a research internship for the third semester of my Maths MSc and CS MSc from 03 June to 09 August 2013.
I worked at UCL (University College of London), under the direction of Jules Villard (who quotes me on his new page, and Peter O’Hearn, about separation logic, planning in AI, and the study of modularity in those two domains.
|Mark:||Jules gave me 19/20. I got the mark 17.7/20 from the Computer Science jury at ENS Cachan, and 18.50/20 from the Maths jury at ENS Cachan.|
Pages in English¶
- How to stay in touch with me ?
- Résumé : Lilian Besson
- Academic Education
- Teaching activities (and some links)
- Not so personnal datas about the user of this website
- How to use Google Analytics in a Sphinx project
- How to use Google Analytics with a beacon image
- My favorite Android™ apps !
- How I use Sublime Text 3
- Quick tutorial for git
- Why and how to use WakaTime to monitor the time you spend on programming?
- Using Zotero to manage your bibliography
- Translation of BitBucket.org
- Use an alternative DNS services
- How to install LaTeX on Windows
- Advices to start learning Python
- How to mount an Wubi .disk file as an ISO on Ubuntu?
- Precision about the quoted trademarks
- 1 reStructuredText Demonstration
- “If your mountain is not at a convenient spot, just send us a postal card”
- The Universal Packing List
- About hitch-hiking
- The pokedex documentation
- Indices and tables